After a little break I made some progress on the decking. It tooks some trial and error, but I figured out how to make the thin strips for the curved detail. My goal is to have a thin highlight pealing off from the center line with the reddish wood between the dark and light wood. I did a few test cases on the curved joining, and I’m pretty happy with what it looks like fully sanded. I’m looking forward to how the whole boat will look in the finishing phase.

I’ve only laid in the first courses coming from the top of the deck because I’m thinking about another detail with the remaining dark wood (hinted at in the second picture). I need to duplicate the detail on the stern before I connect them with the side strips and finish filling in the bow.

Categories: Boat Building

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *